Wednesday, July 20, 2011

DMC by Tracy Brothers (Tutor)

Greetings from sunny Durango.

We are into the third week at DMC.  The week where the work gets harder as the kids get more tired and used to the schedule.  The kids are continuing to work very hard to make progress in their learning.

I am always amazed at how hard my campers work to "learn to crack the code of syllables."   It is so exciting to see someone use the tools that they have been taught and make some small breakthrough in reading.  I go home at night exhausted and trying to think of new ways to keep the lessons from getting boring. My ultimate goal is to see someone pick up a book and get excited about reading it!  It is so rewarding for me to hear someone say, after working hard for an hour, "I love learning!" as Steffi said the other day.  It makes it all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment