Wednesday, July 10, 2013

First week of camp by Brittany Morris


After the first full on week of camp I am so happy to be able to share my experiences with you! I get a pretty unique view of camp because of my "intern" position. I get to tutor, do outdoor pursuits, be a counselor, work study hall, teach math, and learn as much as I can from the people I work with. It really gives me the opportunity to get to know all of the kids very well and in many different ways. 
Tutoring with Ava Rhea has been going so well, even though she is only 7 years old and going into the second grade, she is flying on her OG skills. I have to run just to keep up with her! It's really exciting to be able to work one-on-one with her and have fun while learning at the speed of light. 
Math class is a constant adventure. Everyone is working on something completely different and it really keeps me on my toes! We have long division, fractions, exponents, and multiplication all happening around the room at the same time. It's a good thing our dyslexic brains can keep up with all of this out of the box thinking!
I excited to see what new adventures and information this next week at camp will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment