Thursday, July 11, 2013

"Home Sweet Home"





This is my first year at DMC and after only a week I consider it my “Home Sweet Home” away from home! I am an intern and a tutor, which means I help the students with their work during study halls. They are working on everything from complex sentence structure to Latin root words and prefixes. The students are engaged and eager to learn!
It is a joy to work with bright, confident, capable and conversant kids! The tutors know how to academically “stretch” each child so that they can be on the road to reaching their
full potential. The afternoon Outdoor Pursuits Program rounds out the day with many activities to choose from such as: rock climbing, mountain biking, river rafting, horseback riding, etc. These activities “stretch” the students physically as well as mentally and they often come back with great stories of personal achievement with shoulders held high!

Fondly,
Judith Grimes, Tutor and Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment