Monday, July 27, 2015

Hermosa Creek by Enzo


The Hermosa Creek Trail was the longest trail DMC mountain bikers have ever rode. The ride was challenging and rough but also absolutely beautiful. We saw a baby cub with brown fur blowing in the wind. I could smell the trees and dirt. I heard animals moving and the wind blowing by me. I heard leaves rustling against each other and rocks tumbling when bikes rode over them. The water flowing down the stream rushed by, making a swooshing sound. All around me were dense trees whose leaves were illuminated by the sun. The path wiggled next to the creek and through the trees. The trail felt rough under by bike. The steep slope made my muscles cry. After a climb, my mouth was desperate for water. Despite the scorching uphill, the trail was beautiful and picture perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment