Monday, July 20, 2015

The 17th Annual Cardboard Boat Regatta by Paige


Floating at Dusk
Last night was the 17th Annual Cardboard Boat Regatta. As usual, the boats went swimmingly well, except for the boat named Timmay, it didn’t even float, not for a second. My group’s boat was pretty nice, it didn’t get past the first buoy, but it looked good doing it. There were leaches everywhere, a few people got sucked but not as many as you would expect. At the end of the races we had to load all of the soggy, water logged, heavy boat pieces into the trailer. I got to jump on top of them to flatten them. 

While we were racing our boats, some counselors decided to be hooligans. They started launching water balloons at as, but they have the worst aim in the world. I don’t think they could hit the side of a barn if it was standing right in front of them. Since Yedboto, the Yeti, cannot be seen he watched from behind the tree line and tried to scare the counselors. Yedboto also went camping with us last weekend. He helped me with the scavenger hunt, which was good because I was doing a pretty bad job. I ended up with the card to steal Greg’s Jacket for the day. I have also renamed Greg to be George the Durangatang. Yedboto and I send our love to all of you readers, our fans. 
Counselors Taking Aim

No comments:

Post a Comment