Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I am from the busy streets of Watchung Plaza



I am from the busy streets of Watchung Plaza


From the oriental carton of rice and sauce and the red and white BMX bike
From the blue/grey wood slat two story house and small couch, bed and desk room
I am from a grassy yard and table whose tree has eyes and legs
I am from a longboard and my laptop computer
From Sasha, Stephanie and Greg
And from brown and blue eyes and black hair
From incredibly strong working memories
I am from a small pond with the bridge connecting to the island in the middle of a pond.
From jalapeno poppers and fried chicken
From a father who walked two miles to through the graveyard to get to school
And from a grandfather who was a paratrooper
I am from a four year old falling into a brick wall while catching a basketball
I am from the moments of the busy streets of Montclair NJ

No comments:

Post a Comment